Saturday, December 08, 2007

Let sleeping babies lay

Maddie and I began our day around 6:00 am today. She was a bit cranky and restless from midnight to 2:00. Jessie was up with her so I changed and rocked her for a bit. I decided around 6:45 she wasn't going to go back to sleep without some food. We popped in a movie and curled up on the couch. After a few ounces of milk and some time on my shoulder she finally passed out. Maddie was firing some serious warning shots from the south so I decided to change her diaper- despite the fact that she was sleeping soundly.

I turned my back to set down the dirty diaper and Maddie started watering the lawn. In a matter of 30 seconds, the pack n play and a cloth diaper were soaked and a river was heading toward Maddie. Great time to learn the changing tray is tilted toward the baby. It was my first experience of scrambling with a pee soaked baby, looking for a place to set her down. Not a fun way to start off your day.

Much later in the day, she was passed out again. This time, I left her to her sleep.


Today was also Maddie's first official 'tub' bath. Jessie and I picked up a enamel wash tub a couple years ago at an antique store. We've been waiting to wash a baby in it for some time. It's great for corn-on-the-cob too. Maddie did fine in the tub but we did have to change the water immediately after putting her in there. Let's just say she was a bit too relaxed. Remember your gun safety and always point the barrel away from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment