Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mama Musings: 1 month and Muppets

I can't believe a month (5 weeks) has gone by since Jacob was born. What a blur!! Maddie picked up The Crud at Storytime 3 weeks ago and promptly gave it to me and Jake. Jake is still a little snotty, but otherwise we have shaken it. Love this time of year!!!!

We had a great time seeing everyone (Marcy and her kids couldn't make it- we were very sad) at my parents' house. It was such fun to see all the kids running around and climbing in the playhouse just like their parents did, lo these many years ago!

As I look toward planning Maddie's 2nd birthday and the holidays in general, I am struck by the passing of time. Where does it go? Where did my baby girl go? What will Jacob be like as he grows? All good questions without easy answers-they are the Big Ones At The Edge of The Universe!

One thing I do know...I have found The Rainbow Connection. I have always loved this song and sing it to both the kids from time to time. (I use the term "sing" loosely!) The answers lie in the eyes of my children. Thank you Jim Henson.

We went to see Dr Koesters today for some well-child checkups. Maddie is in good shape 90% for both height and weight. She is doing well in all other regards as well. Next stop...Potty Training!! Jake is topping the scales at a bit over 11 pounds! Almost 4 pounds in a month!! He has been having some really, really, really fussy periods. The thinking is he might have reflux. We started him on Zantac tonight. Here's hoping the poor kid (and me!) get some rest!





2 comments:

  1. Thank you guys for the pictures. Wait until you are our age. Where has our life gone. Enjoy them while they are little. They will be gone in a moment. Mimi amd Pap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at your family! How fun! I am dying to come see you guys!!! Feel like Halloween together agin this year? That might solve it. Love the mama musings and the pictures! Cute as they come!

    ReplyDelete