Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Post Party Projects

We had our last Urban and Extended Family 4th of July Party in our current house. A success on all fronts. It was so good to see friends and family we have missed in recent months. Well, I hope it will be our last here on S Westmoor. I live in high hopes that our house won't languish on the market like Crazy Conspiracy Guy across the street! I guess that will be next year's project...

As for this year's project, Mama is doing well, bar a sinus infection (big fun), and Papa is "nesting" a bit. David's current project is re-doing the spare room/nursery closet. As with most projects in an old home, nothing is straightforward. Of course, some boards had to be pried off the wall, wooden shelves constructed, spackle and paint applied as necessary, and a $160 trip to Lowe's-all in the name of Baby!! So it begins...It will be wonderful when completed,making a stupid closet much, much more sensible. We have a handyman visiting this week to give us an estimate on a building a cleaning supply closet in the nursery, kitchen counter installation and fixing ( I hope) our sagging kitchen ceiling. We both know all this needs to be done prior to Baby, so the house is ready to put on the market in spring. Now, we just need to find a painter...Ahh, the list never really ends, does it??

1 comment:

  1. You better hope crazy conspiracy guy who lives across the street isn't reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete