Sunday, September 30, 2007

Mama Note

It has been a busy week at our house. Last weekend saw a mini-family reunion at my parents' house. Great fun was had by all! I will try to to get pictures posted as soon as I can prevail upon some kind soul to send me some...Pregnancy Brain prevented me from taking the camera! My Aunt Gail hosted a shower for me at Buckeye Lake and we women enjoyed a beautiful afternoon with good food, gentle breezes off the water and endless conversation. What a blessing it is to have such a wonderful family!

As a consequence of said shower, there was much re-organizing at our house! Homes had to be found for old stuff to make way for Small Fry gear, and then the nursery was able to be put together. Now, things look "official" and open for business!! I have taken to sitting in the nursery in search of a quiet moment. Of course, Jameson follows me in and then chases Sadie out (who has taken a liking to the rocking chair...), so quiet is a relative term!
There are a few more projects (poor David) for the nursery. David is going to try to place an outlet (that would give us 3, woo-hoo!) and I am going to try to find shelves to match our current one over the changing table. I am a HUGE fan of baskets, aka Junk Hiders.

That about does it for nesting right now...

As for Small Fry- I go to the OB Thursday. I am going to try to angle for an ultrasound. No one believes that I have 8 weeks to go. It is pretty bad when I am at work and people say "man, you look miserable/exhausted/wiped-out" when I think I feel OK. It just does something to ya, you know? I haven't had a scan since week 18 and am hoping for a glimpse of what the hell this baby is doing in there!!

Here are some pictures of the nursery with the "stuff" put together...


Changing table with basket shelf and diaper organizer





Crib with Classic Pooh bedding and stuffed animals





Corner shot with rocker and Sadie

No comments:

Post a Comment