Well, I know it has been awhile...Who knows where the time goes??
I am feeling OK, well "OK" for being 29 weeks pregnant. If this was last year and I called my doctor with complaints of insomnia, arthritic pain in both hips, sciatica running down my left leg and lower back spasms, there would probably be a scan or 2 and some drugs coming my way. Now, all they say is "Well, you're pregnant!", usually followed by the sympathetic comment "It'll just get worse!", all with a cheery-have-a-great-day-call-again-please voice. I know, I know it's great to be creating life and we tried for a long time to get here. Blah blah blah.
Actually , things are getting exciting. We got the nursery (and master bedroom) painted this past week. I finally found a crib and we got it put together and put in place along with the dresser/changing table. My Aunt Gail is hosting a shower in 2 weeks, and I am really looking forward to seeing family in such happy surrounds. I am not going to lie, it will also be fun to get "stuff" so I can have a ball organizing and arranging and setting up! We went on our Official Maternity Tour at THE Ohio State University Medical Center tonight. It was a nice chance to see the rooms, the nurseries, waiting area and registration. Some of the rooms are on the small side and they fill the large one on a first delivered, first served basis. Hopefully, since I am an employee, I can "pull rank" and land a large room. Our due date falls on a full moon, so all bets are off on how busy the unit will be. I also get the feeling that late November is a "popular" time for birthdays. I think it might have something to do with Valentine's Day...
Anyway, below are some pictures (so hush up, Mel!) of the nursery and master.
Sunday, September 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment