Friday, October 19, 2007

Sneek Peek @ Small Fry







This past week has been a lot of fun! On Wednesday, we went to Ultrasona Columbus and had a 4D ultrasound done. Man, it was the coolest thing!! It was driving me nuts, not seeing what was "going on". There has been some serious growth and crazy movement lately!! A friend of mine at work who is around 28 weeks, showed me her pictures she had taken and told me how cool the experience was for her and her husband. We invited Mom and Dad and Jane and Don up to join us. Dad couldn't make it, so we will show him the video later. Above, are the color pictures we picked from the the 15 or so they took. Small Fry's head is almost "engaged", which I am taking as a good sign. The tech was a bit skeptical when I told her my due date so she took a couple of quick measurements. Small Fry is sitting at about 19 inches and close to 6 pounds. I think that is a good size to stop!! She also measured the head, but I really don't want to think about the physics of that yet...

We went to the OB yesterday. I put on 5 pounds in 2 weeks, which has me a bit concerned- I think it is fluid. I have been a bit more short of breath and have had some increased ankle swelling. I have cut back hours at work which has been wonderful, but I am still "swolled up" when I get home. My blood pressure has also shot up, nothing too crazy, but worth watching and some tests were ordered. Which is why I am home today instead of saving lives. We go back next week insted of in 2 weeks. I figure- what's the worst case at this point?? I go early? OK by me!

The girls at work had a shower at Buckey Cafe last night. It was wonderful to be truly showered with good wishes and thoughtful gifts. I wish our camera hadn't gone tits up. There were a few gifts that were very cool in the "crafty" department.





1 comment:

  1. Wow, look at your baby! That is great fun! Sticking his/her tongue out, now that is sweet! Thanks for sharing...I also got a kick out of thinking what small fry will think of his/her mom using the term "tits up" HA! I cannot wait to meet the kiddo! Wendy

    ReplyDelete