I think I may need a vacation! We had a great time at the beach with the Whole Fam Damily, but we were glad to be home in our own beds on Sunday night. The weather was great, with only 1 afternoon of rain. Madeline enjoyed the aquarium on Thursday and David and I even managed to have a date night that evening! For all those who doubted the need for a U-Haul-it made such a huge difference! Jameson spent the majority of the trip in the "cargo area" of the Vue which allowed me to climb (gracefully, of course!) into the backseat when Madeline got really fussy.
Maddie had her 6 month-ish check up/shots today. Our little girl weighed in at 19# 10.5oz (97%) measured 27" long (90%) with a noggin of 45 1/2" (>97%). All looks good physically. She babbles constantly and laughs long and loud. She sits up fairly well, but has a tendency to list a bit to the side and roll over if she gets distracted. She rolls on to her side all the time and sometimes manages to land on her belly. She is always surprised when this happens and then tries to "swim" across the floor. Always cracks me up!
Last week we started her on foods. She has had sweet potatoes, peas and bananas. Dr Koesters gave the "go-ahead" to try Maddie on whatever we were having and not get caught up in the yellow veggies vs green veggies vs fruits debate. I admit to being a bit overwhelmed by all the info out there on feeding. C'mon! it's just food, people. Mel sent me a link to a fabulous potato recipe-Munchkin may get some tonight along with her peas. Yummy!
Finally, one more thing. Out with the Snugli and in with the Maya wrap. OMG! Where has this lovely piece of baby carrying genius been the last 6 months of my life??? It fits. It is comfortable. No myriad of buckles and snaps. Madeline digs it as well. I found one on eBay for $40 but I also ran across a how-to-make-your-own and did for about $8. LOVE IT!
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad you guys had a good trip! We will have to hang out some time and let the kiddos play.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I didn't doubt the need for the u-haul I doubted the need for all the stuff in the u-haul. :)