Friday, July 03, 2009

Happy Holiday Weekend

I love the 4th of July weekend. The celebration of our country's birthday is pretty cool. Whether you like the current elected officials or not, the fact that the biggest beef most people have revolves around the lines at the polling places is pretty amazing. Pretty cool.

Anywho...I also love the excuse to kick back with family and friends without all the "pressure" you may find at Christmas and Thanksgiving. We are looking forward to having people out this Sunday. I really really need to host a party every few months-it is the ONLY way I manage to keep the house presentable! I miss our "cleaning lady"!!!

David is out on his new toy- a Kubota mower/tractor. I have to admit, it looks pretty cool. It will also make putting in a fence easier with the auger/post hole digger attachment. Thank God we have a 3 car garage!

A quick Small Fry update: 98 days 10 hours and 46 sec till arrival! But who's counting??? Momma is feeling OK. We have started thinking about names. There is also the issue of where are we going to put all the gear? I think there will be some drastic furniture rearranging in the nursery, but I am sure it is do-able for both Maddie and Small Fry to share a room.

Here is a quick shot of our "Big Girl". The pinky tails are the latest must-have for Maddie. She insists they go in before coming down in the morning!




No comments:

Post a Comment