Tuesday, May 20, 2008
drug store pitfalls
I seriously think Walgreens/CVS should have a warning label (don't get me started on Target). I ran to the corner store the other day for 1/2 gal milk and some butter. I walked out with milk, butter, lip gloss (SPF because we are going to the beach, right? of course I needed it!) and hair color. Yep, that last item listed is hair color. The whole pregnancy/post partum swing has done regrettable things to my hair. It is falling out at an alarming rate-and I never had too much to start with! Worse, however, is the rate at which my remaining locks are sprouting gray. I am not thrilled. I know I should never go down That Aisle at a drug store, but hey! Mrs Ferris Bueller does those commercials, so things must be OK, right? Well, I have 10 minutes left to "process" to see if I turned my hair the color of a bad crayola and I have to grovel back to Kenneth's and my poor suffering hairstylist. Poor Allie just shakes her head in dismay...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i feel your pain. not about the post-partum stuff, but about the siren song of hair dye. the models always have such shiny swingy hair in the pictures on the boxes... where does it all go wrong?
ReplyDeleteI too am molting at a rate unprecedented... I'm trying to think it's the weather. And, there are some very light highlights appearing in my hair as well. I may not be far behind you in The Aisle. Never go to Drug Mart... you'll wind up with a kite, dog food, some barrettes, cheese and windex.
ReplyDelete