Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Updates

Overall, it has been a pretty quiet week here in the Hilltop. I have been back to work for about a month now. Can't say I am lovin' it, but it is nice to see people over 2 feet tall on a regular basis...I know my mom has been enjoying hanging with Madeline. I have backed off on trying the girl on cereal for a few days. Some days, she "gets it" and others not so much. It will be nice when she cuts her first teeth and gets it over with-she is a bit on the fussy side lately. She is not normally a clingy baby and today I couldn't leave her line of sight without horrific meltdowns.

We went out to the property tonight to tramp around on the dirt piles and see what was happening. They were backfilling and the gravel is down, ready for concrete to be poured in the garage and basement. Our next task is to figure out where we want the bathroom to be plumbed in the basement. Since the basement finishing is on the "10 Year Plan", it feels a bit weird to have to worry about it before we pick out things like the front door and lights. Oh well. At first, the hole seemed too small for what I was picturing in my mind's eye, but now it seems crazy big. I think the square footage of the basement is the size of our current house! I an sure I will find junk (I mean highly valuable itmes of dubious purposes) to fill it! A challenge-woo hoo!!


looking from back corner (NE) of garage over site



standing on east "porch" toward shop walk-out entrance in basement

No comments:

Post a Comment