Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Panic and other milestones

I woke up this morning with a crazed realization that we have 2 weeks to get out of the house. It doesn't sound to bad except I work all day Monday and Tuesday...Oh well, we will be done one way or the other soon. The official move-out is Oct 8th, but we will gradually be invading Mom & Dad's house starting this week sometime.

I was in the kitchen getting my morning cup o' joe, when I heard a strange sound coming from the living room. Kind of like crockery sliding across wood...I hustled in and found Miss Madeline standing at the coffee table, one foot on the bottom shelf , her ninja hands on a big bowl and a nursing journal in shreds at her feet (at least someone is reading them!). This is the first time I have seen her standing up by herself and she even took a few "cruising" steps! I am torn between happiness at her development and trepidation as she tries to pull all manner of things down on her little baby head. I hope all this new activity wears her out and she takes good naps. It really is the only time I can get stuff accomplished (like showering...). We go see Dr Koesters today. I am looking forward to finding out just how big our little girl has gotten!

2 comments:

  1. NOOOoooooo! i can't believe she's cruising around already! i told her to stay a baby forever. she never listens to her old aunt mel. never.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to toddler-hood Maddie Nicole! Crusing is teh very best, you can see everything once you stand up! Your Mama and Daddy might start to hover, but its OK, then you can show 'em everything you pick up and try to eat. Aso, the stairs are awesome! Try 'em :) Love, your urban cousin, Nora

    ReplyDelete