Friday, November 16, 2007

Still Waitin'

No baby yet (very sad). I was having regular contractions last night, so we went to L&D. They hooked me up to the monitor and then we went home after 2 hours. I was having contractions (so no hallucinations) but, sadly, they weren't consistently strong enough to be getting anything moving. Bummed doesn't quite cover the emotions. It is so frustrating to not be able to influence something so important going on in your body. You are totally at the mercy and whims of this being inside you. It has been that way the whole pregnancy, but I seem to feel less patient with the whole concept. The L&D staff was nice, and told me not to feel bad/silly about coming in to be checked. They expect to see moms-to-be many times. Especially, first-timers like me. I have decided to not time my contractions, instead, I am going to wait till they are so intense my knees buckle. Timing the buggers just drove me demented anyway. Maybe I'll get lucky and my water will break. At least I only have 3 1/2 days of this left, Tuesday can't come quick enough! My luck, Small Fry will decide to join us at halftime of The Game. At least the birthing rooms have TVs...I have a"Poop on Michigan" onesie packed just in case! Go Bucks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment